Our specialist medical negligence solicitors are dedicated to fighting for justice for you or a loved one who has suffered from a injury as a result of poor care either from a GP or hospital. Doctors and nurses are generally considered experts in their respective medical fields, committed to providing only the very best level of care and support for patients. Nevertheless, accidents can happen, and often with devastating consequences for the person being treated. All medical professionals, whether employed in the public or private sector, have a legal duty of care and responsibility for patients being treated. If it is subsequently found their negligence or carelessness contributed to the suffering of a spouse, child or relative, you are, at the very least, entitled to an explanation. Hospital negligence claims are very common in the UK and it has been mentioned in the news that some NHS hospitals have a higher mortality rate than others.
Were you, your spouse or child injured as a result of medical error? Whether you were being treated by a medical professional, such as a surgeon or GP, or you were resident in a nursing home, if it can be proven your suffering was caused by negligence, you are legally entitled to file a claim for medical negligence compensation. Our medical negligence solicitors have a very good success rate with clinical negligence claims, and could help you recover compensation in excess of £8,400*.
A claim for medical malpractice or negligence could be filed in the event of:
- Delays in the referral of a patient for further diagnostic testing, scans or treatment.
- Errors during the initial stages of diagnosis, leading to the wrong treatment or medication being prescribed.
- Clinical errors involving the administration of anaesthesia to a patient, or failure to effectively monitor an anaesthetised patient.
- Poor standards of general and post-operative care.
- Death of a family member which is later found to have been preventable.
- Failure to effectively manage a condition such as gestational diabetes in the early stages, causing subsequent complications during childbirth.
- Botched cosmetic or dental surgery which then requires corrective treatment.
- Incorrect prescription or administration of medicines and painkillers.
- Accidents in hospitals and nursing homes caused by inadequate supervision of vulnerable or elderly patients
- Errors during surgery which are not identified or rectified straight away.
- Failure to monitor foetal development during pregnancy, leading to injury to the mother or child at birth.
- Orthopaedic negligence which subsequently leads to sight damage.
- Malpractice on the part of a GP or hospital consultant.
- Hospital borne infections, such as MRSA and C. Diff.
- A child developing Cerebral Palsy or neurological problems following complications at birth.
- Misdiagnosis of common cancers and leukaemia.
- Negligent orthopaedic treatment or therapy – including failure to recognise dysplasia of the hip (DDH).
- Gynaecological errors which result in patient injury, trauma or infertility.
If you have suffered unnecessarily following medical treatment or specialist care, it’s vital you seek legal advice about your rights as a patient. Call us free today. Our no win no fee medical negligence claims specialists will guide you through the legal process, and even provide a free case assessment, at no cost.
Our Commitment To You
Our clinical negligence solicitors offer unparalleled support and advice for anyone injured as a result of medical negligence, coupled with a no win no fee assurance if you decide to go ahead with your claim. Under no circumstances will you be required to cover the costs of our time, and we ‘ll commit to getting you the maximum compensation you deserve – no matter how long it takes.
We have recently added more specialists for different types of clinical claims as we have noticed many patients are claiming compensation for laser eye surgery injury claims as mistakes can be made when vision correction goes wrong and may cause a injury to your eye’s. Laser hair removal claims have also been on the rise as more people than ever are now getting this cosmetic treatment. If a doctor or GP has also caused you a injury or ill health due to the wrongly prescribed medication then you may be able to make a claim. Wrong medication claims are also on a no win no fee basis.
High Compensation For Your Suffering
Taking legal action may seem like an extreme measure if you have suffered only mild injury, but in many cases, it can prevent the likelihood of the same mistakes being made again. Compensation may also benefit you in the long-term; specifically if you require specialist medical treatment or cannot return to work straight away.
Examples of compensation awarded in common cases of medical negligence and substandard care:
- Damage to chest or lungs with some long-term complications – up to £36,000*
- Minor head or brain injury (excluding epileptic conditions) – £8,400 – £28,250*
- Moderate brain damage accompanied by seizures/ epilepsy – £98,500 – £144,000*
- Minor psychiatric damage or post-traumatic stress – £3,875 – £12,500*
To discuss your entitlement, or to simply speak to someone in confidence about your case, call us free on the helpline number. If you’d prefer to arrange a more convenient time for us to call you, simply fill out the online form and let us know when is the best time to contact you.